It's a GREAT time to be in KC! If you're looking to make connections with like-minded professionals who are committed to the KC Renaissance, join us.
The Downtowners welcomes any and all newcomers. We host monthly luncheons on the second Wednesday of each month, plus 2-3 evening social events per year. There are no membership dues or fees, just come when you can and pay as you go! Visit the FAQs page to learn more.
We have monthly luncheon sponsorship opportunities for local KC businesses to spread the word about their brand - for just $300. To participate as a sponsor at an upcoming event, contact us at email@example.com.
Validated Parking at the Library Parking Garage
$25 with Pre-Paid RSVP
**No credit cards accepted at the door.
**Registration will be cut off two days prior to the event.
First come = first served, as the number of these seats are limited.
Speaker: Dana Knapp, President & CEO, ArtsKC
Dana M. Knapp has dedicated her career to the arts, design, and education. For over three years she has focused her expertise in support of local nonprofit arts and education organizations through volunteer leadership and consulting.
Prior to that, she served as Director of Programs for the Mid-America Arts Alliance for nearly four years where she provided the oversight of all regional and national programs: grant making, touring exhibitions and professional development for arts professionals. She led the development of a new strategic plan, establishing a revised repertoire of regional programs that serve arts organizations and artists.
Earlier in her career, she worked for almost twenty years at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. As its Director of Planning, she led the Bloch Building construction and the renovation of the Nelson-Atkins Building, including oversight of the capital expansion and the associated planning. She also served as the leader of the museums’ exhibition design team and as a practicing designer.
Dana earned a bachelor’s degree in Design and the History of Art from the University of Kansas. She has a master’s degree in Nonprofit Administration from the University of Missouri -Kansas City. Her professional affiliations include: founding board member of the Center for Architecture and Design, board member for the Mattie Rhodes Center, PREPKC and member of the ArtsKC Advisory Council for the past two years.
Speaker: Megan Crigger, Director of Creative Services, KCMO
As the Director of Creative Services, Megan is responsible for uniting local, regional and international cultural organizations for the advancement of artistic and cultural initiatives within Kansas City, Missouri. The Director also facilitates cultural community planning, and relationships between artists, cultural organizations, and governmental and civic organizations.
Office of Culture and Creative Services
Sponsored by: Kissick Construction
Kissick Construction is a heavy civil contractor specializing in critical construction environments. As a self-performing contractor, Kissick has the superior resources to handle large, multi-disciplined projects while providing personal service every step of the way. From the beginning of every project right through to the last detail, our focus is on quality. We build trust in the quality we deliver.
Communicating with every stakeholder, we develop a collaborative environment with clients, vendors and engineering partners. We build trust in our relationships.
We foster innovative solutions by pairing advanced technology with the expertise of our talented team members. Leveraging the ingenuity and dedication of our quality personnel has allowed Kissick to develop a reputation for solving complex and challenging construction environments. We build trust in our innovative approach.
At Kissick Construction, we take the risk and manage it. We assess all aspects of a project while satisfying your budget, schedule and safety concerns. Our team members thrive on challenge. We build trust by managing your risk.
- Relationships are our Strongest Foundation
- Delivering Quality, Safety and Client Satisfaction
- Innovation Fuels Our Ingenuity
- We Take the Risk and Manage It
- Conquering Challenging Environments Every Day
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Networking: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00
Luncheon: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
The Kansas City Central Library
14 West 10th Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
Validated Parking at the Library Parking Garage
Luncheon Tickets: $25
30 West Pershing Road
Kansas City, MO 64108
*Vegetarian options available on request
See Who's Coming:
- Chris Vaeth - McCownGordon Construction
- Cale Doornbos - SWT Design
- Marty Johnston
- Josh McDaniel - Astra Search Group
- Mitch Case - Midwest Machinery KC
- Jeff Kloch - Hufft
- Paul Snustead - Structurflex // Tensile Facades + Structures
- Melanie Yearta
- Cheryl Nelson - Hallmark Cards/Crown Center
- Aengus Finnan
- Jennifer Roe - Folk Alliance International
- Sara Campbell -
- Jeff Owen,-
- Debbie Aron-Williamson
- Suzie Aron - Aron Real Estate, LLC
- John Lovell - Lovell Insurance Group
- Eryn Campbell - NAIC
- Katherine Jones - NAIC
- Lynette Ubel - Ubel Arts
- Greg Hellbusch - Axis Construction Group
- Patricia Moore - Modern Business Interiors
- Mike Laney - Terracon
- Rachel Knox - YAEGER Architecture
- Jason Osborne - HarenLaughlin Restoration
- Jeff Owens - Crossroads Community Association
- Michael Reardon
- Pat Contreras - McCownGordon Construction
- Brandy Kimble - Enterprise Bank & Trust
- Bob Kelly - CBIZ
- Vince Migliazzo - Mark One Electric Co., Inc
- Julie Wallen
- Janice Hinkle - KCPT
- Dan Barnett - Terracon
- Frank White III
- Bridget Herrick
- Aaron Hoeppner - Kansas City Area Transportation Authority
- Kathleen Cussen - Hangers Cleaners
- Robbie McGowan
- Pam Tibbs - Pierpont's
- Jayne Siemens - Venice Communications
- Laura Shultz Ann Spivak - Northeast Community Center/Harmony Project KC
- Toni Alexander
- Jake Buchheit - Visit KC
- Pat Murfey - Evergreen Real Estate Services
- Susan Miller - Design Matters
- Mary Lynn 'M.L.' Bass - M.L. Bass & Associates
- Adam Ruskowitz - First National Bank of Omaha
- Russ Johnson -
- Tony Valencia - International Builders and Consultants
- John Mikelson - Commerce Bank
- Darleen Thomas
- Rebecca Sprague-Gangle - Embassy Suites Hotel
- Matt Ledbetter - Cresa
- Nick Hadley - Commerce Bank
- Chet Shellenberger - Facility Services Group
- Holly Swyden - KC STUDIO
- Carey Rich - MEDiAHEAD
- Ashley Joerger - United Excel
- Julie Pierce - Henderson Engineers, Inc.
- Andrea Mulvany - Henderson Engineers, Inc.
- Kim Gile - Kansas City Public Library
- Carol Larson
- Alison Lalumia
- Ken Hamm - Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa
- Jennifer Wampler - Museum at Prairiefire
- Robert Manigold - Code Koalas
- Steven Murray - Youth Symphony of Kansas City
- Allan Bush - Alpha-Omega Geotech, Inc.
- Trent Dansel - Olsson Associates
- Jacia Phillips - ArchPhotoKC
- Mark Laverentz - Kansas City Symphony
- Courtney Perry
- Korey Childs - The Arts Asylum
- Sam Shelhorn - Professional Engineering Consultants
- Margaret Perkins-McGuinness - Charlotte Street Foundation
- Corky McCaffrey - Synergy Services
- Stephane Scupham - Visit KC / KC Film Office
- Stephen Hill - Kansas City Star
- Beth Ott - United Excel Construction
- Jared Miller - HNTB