It's a GREAT time to be in KC! If you're looking to make connections with like-minded professionals who are committed to the KC Renaissance, join us.
The Downtowners welcomes any and all newcomers. We host monthly luncheons on the second Wednesday of each month, plus 2-3 evening social events per year. There are no membership dues or fees, just come when you can and pay as you go! Visit the FAQs page to learn more.
We have monthly luncheon sponsorship opportunities for local KC businesses to spread the word about their brand - for just $300. To participate as a sponsor at an upcoming event, contact us at email@example.com.
Validated Parking at the Library Parking Garage
$25 with Pre-Paid RSVP
**No credit cards accepted at the door.
**Registration will be cut off two days prior to the event.
First come = first served, as the number of these seats are limited.
Speaker: Pedro Zamora, Executive Director, HEDC
Mr. Zamora is a seasoned executive with over 30 years of leadership and management experience from both the corporate for-profit and not-for-profit worlds. An enthusiastic entrepreneurial leader, he has established strengths in strategic planning, fundraising and financial management, product and program introduction, marketing, organizational transition management, and board development.
Pedro was appointed the Executive Director of the Hispanic Economic Development Corporation of Greater Kansas City (HEDC) on April 1, 2015. Prior to his appointment, Pedro had served as the agency’s Interim Executive Director for 5 months. His service as “interim”, allowed this 21 year-old non-profit’s Board of Directors the luxury of time of refining their strategies for the entrepreneur incubator,improving their operating and economic models, enhancing their performance measurements
approaches and growing HEDC’s Micro Enterprise loan fund. This transformation will lead HEDC to viability, and establish systems that enable the organization to better achieve their mission and long-term sustainability with motivated embracing organization change.
Pedro’s career story is divided into two distinct chapters with a common theme, organizational leadership. In the first chapter of his professional life, he served as the leader in research and development in the telecom communications industry. In 2007, he founded and served as CEO of a company named Kyland USA an industrial Ethernet communication manufacturer. Pedro has experience in R&D, product development, traditional manufacturing organizations and has international sales and marketing experience from his thirty year professional career. More recently, in his second chapter as an executive, Pedro has dedicated his leadership energies to the non-profit arena, particularly with the Kansas City Latino organizations, like Guadalupe Centers Inc. where he served as Board Chair, Alta Vista Charter School and the Terminal Railroad Guadalupe Credit Union. Pedro’s interim assignment at HEDC drew upon his former significant roles in both his for- and not-for-profit experiences.
Sponsored by: Express Employment and Recruiting Professionals
Express Employment Professionals with offices in the Northland and Downtown KC is a locally owned franchise that focuses on finding business in Kansas City (our clients) the right workforce while at the same time helping our associates (job seekers) find the right job opportunities. At Express you will find a diverse team of recruiters, staffing consultants, and support staff with a range of backgrounds and skills that enable us to work with a wide variety of clients and industries.
Express has more than 750 franchise locations across the U.S. that provide a full range of employment solutions. We offer both staffing and recruiting services to cover full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, industrial, and administrative.
Nationally, Express has goal of putting a million people to work in one year. Locally, on any given week, we are putting 250-300 associates to work, and are proud to have worked with over 350 Kansas City companies.
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Networking: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00
Luncheon: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
The Kansas City Central Library
14 West 10th Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
Validated Parking at the Library Parking Garage
Luncheon Tickets: $25
30 West Pershing Road
Kansas City, MO 64108
*Vegetarian options available on request
See Who's Coming:
- Russ Johnson -
- Chris Vaeth - McCownGordon Construction
- Cynthia Herron - Herron Consulting Investments and Benefits
- James Maiden - Folly Theater
- Greg Alejos - Camp Fire
- Vince Migliazzo - Mark One Electric
- Janelle McCollum - Kansas City Marriott Downtown
- Chuck Haren - HarenLaughlin Construction
- Patty Bowen - Kansas City Ballet
- Carol Larson
- Alison Lalumia
- Ken Hamm - Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa
- Alex Thompson - BOK Financial
- Bradley Farris - Stewart Title
- Rory Warrender - CloudIT, LLC
- Stacy Purvis - First Federal Bank
- Stan Meyers - Terracon
- Dan Barnett - Terracon
- Jan Marcason - Olsson Associates
- Selena Corpuz - Sporting Kansas City
- Frank White III
- Bridget Herrick - KCATA
- Jamie Mac - Restless Spirits Distilling
- Trent Dansel - Olsson Associates
- Ben Hollon - Lankford Fendler
- Marla Westrup - BidPoint Business Solutions
- Jeffery Bagsby - TRANSAMERICA LIFE INSURANCE
- Jennifer Commuso - Short's Travel Management
- Gary Becker - H.P. Becker & Sons
- Nelsie Sweeney &
- Coby Crowl - Kaw Valley Engineering
- Kay Harper - Kay Harper Consulting
- Dawn Kennedy - edckc.com
- John Mikelson - Commerce Bank
- Shawn Adams - Community America Credit Union
- Darleen Thomas
- Rebecca Sprague-Gangle - Embassy Suites
- Jesse Ruiz - BMO Harris Bank
- Brian Fuemmeler - McCownGordon Construction, LLC.
- Brian Hartley - Brandmuscle
- Corky McCaffrey - Synergy Services
- Chelan David - Youth Volunteer Corps
- Kim Gile - Kansas City Public Library
- Sara Campbell -
- Carole Hollman
- Dave Starr
- Pete Skram - Dimensional Innovations
- Jeff Powell - Sybran Communications, Inc.
- Michael Reardon
- Pat Contreras - McCownGordon Construction
- Monica Jacobs - Crossfirst Bank
- Brandy Kimble - Enterprise Bank & Trust
- Cale Doornbos - SWT Design
- Jared Miller - HNTB
- Julia Hansen-Patterson & Nancy Steinacker - Harvesters-The Community Food Network
- Sam Shelhorn - Professional Engineering Associates
- Kelly J. Berry - Kansas City Public Library
- Pat Murfey - Evergreen Real Estate Services
- Greg Dean - Miller Stauch Construction